Care & Maintenance
Sticky finger or muddy paws? No problem! With Slobproof seating, even the toughest stains, spills and odor can be cleaned up with ease. Below we list our advice for keeping your Slobproof seating looking new.
Slobproof seating is low maintenance but won't clean itself. Here are a few steps you can take to prevent the messes from piling up:
- Clean-up bad spills once they occur
- Follow our cleaning instructions listed below
- Use a vacuum or lint roller to remove pet hair
Spot-cleaning is the easiest way eliminate most messes. All you'll need is warm water, enzyme detergent, a clean towel and soft-bristle brush.
Easy Spot-Cleaning Steps:
1) Wipe away the excess mess using a dry, clean towel.
2) Mix together a simple soap and water solutions. We recommend mixing 1/4 teaspoon enzyme laundry detergent (like Tide) with 1 cup warm water.
3) Apply the solution and with a soft bristle brush.
4) Blot with a clean towel and rinse and repeat the steps if necessary. Soap attracts dirt so be sure to rinse thoroughly!
Other helpful tips:
- Vacuum the upholstery before cleaning.
- Never spread the spot to the surrounding clean fiber.
- Go slowly and repeat the steps until the spot is removed.
- Do not use a stiff brush that may scratch the fabric.
- Always seek to reduce the size of the spot.
- Test the soap and water solution in a hidden area before proceeding
Hot-water extraction cleaning is the ideal method for thoroughly cleaning the entire piece. Spots can be removed by pre-treating them with the soap solution outlined above or a pre-treatment solution from an upholstery cleaning company. Most solutions provided by these companies are acceptable with our fabrics.
Questions, comments or concerns? Email us or call toll-free at 888-444-5593 Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST.